Pete G is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Trying To Automate Daily Production Export To Excel

Hi All;

I have a multi-query, multi-step process for daily production reporting that covers two shifts for 10 departments. I created a macro that will run steps 2-12, but have been manually keying the date parameters for the first step and was hoping I could automate it.

I have searched quite a bit to try and come up with an alternative, but haven't found anything. Here is the full query, including the date/time information in the where clause:

SELECT LEGO_TMSHT.JOB_NO_LOG AS JOB_NO, LEGO_TMSHT.OPCLASS_CODE_LOG AS OPCLASS_CODE, LEGO_TMSHT.CC_CODE_LOG, LEGO_TMSHT.TMSHT_PRODUCED_QTY AS Feet,
    LEGO_TMSHT.TMSHT_WASTED_QTY AS Waste, LEGO_RULEIT.RULEIT_TEXT AS IIMP_FT, Round(LEGO_TMSHT.TMSHT_WASTED_QTY*IIMP_FT) AS WASTE_FT,
    IIf(LEGO_RULEIT.RULEIT_VAL>0,((1/LEGO_RULEIT.RULEIT_VAL)*1000),'') AS Multiplier, [Feet]/1000 AS Total_Multi, Round(Total_Multi*Multiplier) AS Total_Lbs,
    LEGO_TMSHT.TMSHT_CLOCK_IN, LEGO_TMSHT.TMSHT_CLOCK_OUT INTO tbl_24_Hr
    FROM ((LEGO_RULEIT
    INNER JOIN (LEGO_TMSHT
    INNER JOIN LEGO_JOB
    ON LEGO_TMSHT.JOB_NO_LOG = LEGO_JOB.JOB_NO)
    ON LEGO_RULEIT.ITEM_CODE = LEGO_JOB.ITEM_CODE)
    INNER JOIN LEGO_CC
    ON LEGO_TMSHT.CC_CODE_LOG = LEGO_CC.CC_CODE)
    INNER JOIN LEGO_JOBOP
    ON LEGO_TMSHT.JOBOP_ID = LEGO_JOBOP.JOBOP_ID
    WHERE (((LEGO_TMSHT.OPCLASS_CODE_LOG) In ('EXTRUDER2','EXTRUDING','LAMINATING','LAMINATOR2' ,'POUCHING','PRINTING','RECLOSE','SEAMING','SLITTI NG','ZIPPER'))
    AND ((LEGO_TMSHT.TMSHT_CLOCK_IN) Between #3/31/2018 5:55:00# And #4/1/2018 6:05:00#)
    AND ((LEGO_RULEIT.URULE_CODE)='IIMP_FT')
    AND ((LEGO_CC.PLANT_CODE)='CP'))
    ORDER BY LEGO_TMSHT.OPCLASS_CODE_LOG, LEGO_TMSHT.JOB_NO_LOG;

Barring doing something in VBA (I'm a novice, there), I can't think of a way to automate this.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Pete

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Keying them in where?
    You could have 2 date fields (textboxes) on your form for start and end dates and pass those values to this query. Some here don't seem to like such paramaterized queries (I'm not one) because they don't run properly if the form isn't open, plus you should verify that entries are dates before running the query. Otherwise it will still run with 'dog' and 'cat' in the 2 fields and not complain one bit.

Not sure what you mean by 'automating' either. You could be asking how to run this in the middle of the night when no one's around.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    How should the date range criteria be determined? The current date would be the end date? How are the times determined? You don't show AM/PM in the date/time.

In other words, what rules do you follow in making your determination of what date/time to use?

Other factors to consider:

Should the procedure be prevented from running more than once a day? Should the procedure run every day even if the db is not opened?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Pete G is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Both times are AM. There is no form associated with this query. I would like to automate this query so that I can add it to the existing macro and then run all of them with a scheduled network task. The times are 5 minutes before one shift starts and 5 minutes after the next day's starts. NOT my criteria, but the way they've always done it LOL. The dates in the example represent the day before yesterday's production, as we run two 12 hour shifts.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Not quite what I was looking for as a defined rule.

On any day the procedure is run, how should the date range be determined - BETWEEN Date() - 2 + #05:55:00 AM# AND Date() - 1 + #6:05:00 AM# ?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Pete G is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    Not quite what I was looking for as a defined rule.

On any day the procedure is run, how should the date range be determined - BETWEEN Date() - 2 + #05:55:00 AM# AND Date() - 1 + #6:05:00 AM# ?

#face palm# I figured it was going to be something simple. I didn't know you could do "+ #05:55:00 AM#" with the Date function. My original code for this was ">Date()-1 and <Date()" for a calendar 24 hour period and they said it has to cover the shifts.

Thanks a million!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.