Perfac is offline Expert
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016

Must match the join key

I created a Gmail address “PerfacDibi@gmail.com” for this purpose only. You login at WWW.GMAIL.COM the password is “Hans1263”. There should only be two invitations to see or download my database from DropBox, the front end and back end. All Images are outside Access so this demo not much bigger than 250meg.

I have some challenges on which I put in a lot of time but unfortunately no success yet. On image 1 it states the error. If you go to form f01DiaryInput and open it. Click on add and the message appear. I will place another Thread for other questions.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MatchJoinKey.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	107.8 KB 
ID:	33372

Perfac is offline Expert
    I added a zipped file of the same database to the same email address that seems to be 612 bytes.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    this happens when you try to add a value in a child record (subform) that requires a corresponding parent (main form) value. In other words, if I try to add records in the subform
    -apples
    -oranges
    and I have designed the form, or I have set Relationships so that I require a parent value first (Fruits) then I will get the error. Sometimes, setting a default value in a subform record field will cause this. In your case, it is likely that the diary field or the combo has no value. You should consider removing any default values from the subform table as a fix. While default values are not committed until the record is updated, simply setting focus to the main form can trigger the problem since as soon as you do that, the subform record can be updated. Too bad you didn't move the error dialog to expose what's underneath to provide additional clues.
    Last edited by Micron; 04-01-2018 at 07:50 PM. Reason: added info
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Perfac is offline Expert
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MatchJoinKey2.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	191.9 KB 
ID:	33380
    Thank you.
    Nothing behind the error message. I used time to read other threads on the same subject. Similar answers than yours. There is no Subform involved here. A very small table 4 fields, with one foreign key. I checked it over and over. The joining table do store the same numbers i.e. the foreign key and primary key. I generally use a lot of default numbers. In the table the foreign shows a zero as default and date a default of =Now().

Perfac is offline Expert
    Just took away any defaults, no change. The error message comes up when I try to click on the foreign key or combo.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    There can still be a requirement to have both child and parent fields filled in. Did you look at your relationships (assuming you have set any)? In the meantime, I will download your db from this forum and take a look unless you solve it first by looking at relationships.

EDIT
    Your attachment here seems to be nothing more than just a shortcut. Please attach a zipped copy of your db here if you want us to look at it. Many here will not visit drop boxes.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.