Alex Motilal is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2007

Code for Message Box

I am using a database for the purchase of Raw Cotton. The purchase consists of two Operations (MyOperation ID 1 & 2). Under ID 1 Minimum Support price is fixed with Basic price & 14 different prices with allowances. Under ID 2 Commecial purchase is done with any rate concluded.
    When a wrong rate is entered under ID 2 a message box appears indicating the Basic rate & the 14 different rates and correction should be made. This message box appears without any problem when a wrong rate is entered.
    The problem appears when rates are entered under UD 2. Run time Error 94 appears.
    I request the experts to look into the code & indicate what mistake is there.
    I also want if a wrong rate under ID 1 is entered, Access should not allow to proceed till correction is made.

[Private Sub RatePerQtl_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)

Dim GetBasicRt As Double
    Dim GetNinePCmoisRt As Double
    Dim GetTenPCmoisRt As Double
    Dim Get11PCmoisRt As Double
    Dim Get12PCmoistRt As Double
    Dim GetMIC1Rt As Double
    Dim GetMIC2Rt As Double
    Dim GetMIC3Rt As Double
    Dim GetMIC4Rt As Double
    Dim GetMIC5Rt As Double
    Dim GetMIC6Rt As Double
    Dim GetMIC7Rt As Double
    Dim GetMIC8Rt As Double
    Dim GetMIC9Rt As Double
    Dim GetMIC10Rt As Double

GetBasicRt = DLookup("[BasicRate]", "[tblMSPRates]", "[Season_ID]=" & Me.Parent.ComboSeason & "And[Variety_ID]=" & Me.Parent.MyVty)
    GetNinePCmoisRt = DLookup("[ForNinePCMoisture]", "[tblMSPRates]", "[Season_ID]=" & Me.Parent.ComboSeason & "And[Variety_ID]=" & Me.Parent.MyVty)
    GetTenPCmoisRt = DLookup("[ForTenPCMoisture]", "[tblMSPRates]", "[Season_ID]=" & Me.Parent.ComboSeason & "And[Variety_ID]=" & Me.Parent.MyVty)
    Get11PCmoisRt = DLookup("[ForElPCMoisture]", "[tblMSPRates]", "[Season_ID]=" & Me.Parent.ComboSeason & "And[Variety_ID]=" & Me.Parent.MyVty)
    Get12PCmoistRt = DLookup("[ForTwPCMoisture]", "[tblMSPRates]", "[Season_ID]=" & Me.Parent.ComboSeason & "And[Variety_ID]=" & Me.Parent.MyVty)
    GetMIC1Rt = DLookup("[MICone]", "[tblMSPRates]", "[Season_ID]=" & Me.Parent.ComboSeason & "And[Variety_ID]=" & Me.Parent.MyVty)
    GetMIC2Rt = DLookup("[MICtwo]", "[tblMSPRates]", "[Season_ID]=" & Me.Parent.ComboSeason & "And[Variety_ID]=" & Me.Parent.MyVty)
    GetMIC3Rt = DLookup("[MICthree]", "[tblMSPRates]", "[Season_ID]=" & Me.Parent.ComboSeason & "And[Variety_ID]=" & Me.Parent.MyVty)
    GetMIC4Rt = DLookup("[MICfour]", "[tblMSPRates]", "[Season_ID]=" & Me.Parent.ComboSeason & "And[Variety_ID]=" & Me.Parent.MyVty)
    GetMIC5Rt = DLookup("[MICfive]", "[tblMSPRates]", "[Season_ID]=" & Me.Parent.ComboSeason & "And[Variety_ID]=" & Me.Parent.MyVty)
    GetMIC6Rt = DLookup("[MICsix]", "[tblMSPRates]", "[Season_ID]=" & Me.Parent.ComboSeason & "And[Variety_ID]=" & Me.Parent.MyVty)
    GetMIC7Rt = DLookup("[MICseven]", "[tblMSPRates]", "[Season_ID]=" & Me.Parent.ComboSeason & "And[Variety_ID]=" & Me.Parent.MyVty)
    GetMIC8Rt = DLookup("[MICeight]", "[tblMSPRates]", "[Season_ID]=" & Me.Parent.ComboSeason & "And[Variety_ID]=" & Me.Parent.MyVty)
    GetMIC9Rt = DLookup("[MICnine]", "[tblMSPRates]", "[Season_ID]=" & Me.Parent.ComboSeason & "And[Variety_ID]=" & Me.Parent.MyVty)
    GetMIC10Rt = DLookup("[MICten]", "[tblMSPRates]", "[Season_ID]=" & Me.Parent.ComboSeason & "And[Variety_ID]=" & Me.Parent.MyVty)

If Me.Parent.MyOperation = 2 Then
    Me.RatePerQtl = Me.RatePerQtl.Value
    ElseIf Me.Parent.MyOperation = 1 And Me.RatePerQtl <> GetBasicRt And Me.RatePerQtl <> GetNinePCmoisRt And Me.RatePerQtl <> GetTenPCmoisRt _
    And Me.RatePerQtl <> Get11PCmoisRt And Me.RatePerQtl <> Get12PCmoistRt And Me.RatePerQtl <> GetMIC1Rt And Me.RatePerQtl <> GetMIC2Rt _
    And Me.RatePerQtl <> GetMIC3Rt And Me.RatePerQtl <> GetMIC4Rt And Me.RatePerQtl <> GetMIC5Rt And Me.RatePerQtl <> GetMIC6Rt And Me.RatePerQtl <> GetMIC7Rt _
    And Me.RatePerQtl <> GetMIC8Rt And Me.RatePerQtl <> GetMIC9Rt And Me.RatePerQtl <> GetMIC10Rt Then
    MsgBox "The Rate, Rs." & Me.RatePerQtl & "/Qtl you have entered, is not in the MSP List Rate." & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & _
    "For Current Season, " & Me.Parent.ComboSeason.Column(1) & ", Basic Rate is Rs." & GetBasicRt & "/Qtl" & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & _
    "For various allowances, the Rates/Qtl are as follows:" & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "Rs." & GetNinePCmoisRt & ", Rs." & GetTenPCmoisRt & ", Rs." _
    & Get11PCmoisRt & ", Rs." & Get12PCmoistRt & ", Rs." & GetMIC1Rt & ", Rs." & GetMIC2Rt & ", Rs." & GetMIC3Rt & vbCrLf & "Rs." & GetMIC4Rt & ", Rs." _
    & GetMIC5Rt & ", Rs." & GetMIC6Rt & ", Rs." & GetMIC7Rt & ", Rs." & GetMIC8Rt & ", Rs." & GetMIC9Rt & ", Rs." & GetMIC10Rt & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & _
    "Re enter the Correct Rate.", vbCritical, "CAUTION! WRONG RATE ENTERED!!"
    End If
    End Sub]

Thanks

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    i think youre doing this the wrong way. Theres no need for all this code.
    Normally, you would monitor input at the form.
    lookup tables would let users pick items,rates to add to the 'order'.

isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    I also agree that this is not the best approach.
    However for info, error 94 is invalid use of null which means you are getting a null output in one or more DLookups
    To fix, wrap the formula in Nz function to give an empty string or perhaps zero if null occurs.
    Code:
    Nz(DLookup(.....),"")
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

Alex Motilal is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Thanks ridders52 your solution worked. I used Nz((-----),"0") and it worked.
    I request ranman256 to clarify. If the rate has to be picked up I can use a Combo Box. However, here under Operation ID 1 rates are provided which can be selected. But under Operation ID 2 any rate can be entered. Is it possible to use a Combo Box?
    Alex

isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    If it's a number field don't put the 0 in quotes. That's only needed for text strings.
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.