jeanmhealy is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

clinic database

I am trying to set up a clinic database - I have put together what I think I need, and would be grateful for any feedback
    I need to query how long people have been on the waiting list, list appointments and with which clinician and other stats related questions

I tried to set up - I have a flat file with client contacts, and I created another database with all the GP names and addresses in - I then created a relationship - I was not allowed to enforce referential integrity and when I clicked on the plus sign = I was not allowed to add the GP auto number and name, was automatically taken to the next blank auto number?

Is it best that I set up tables empty and then add the information - it's crazy I passed Access 2000 MOUS, but can't do the simplest thing!
    Thanks for any guidance
    Have attached the tables I think I need
    J

ConneXionLost is offline Simulacrum
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Hope this helps:

Datamodel

Cheers,

pkstormy is offline Access/SQL Server Expert
    Windows XP Access 2003
    If you're trying to create relationships on existing data in tables, you'll probably want to use the 'unmatched query wizard' to identify 'orphaned' records first. That is records in 1 table which don't have a matching field value in the other table. I almost always enforce referential integrity when I create relationships. Make sure to also edit your join line between the tables and select which type of relationship you want (ie. all records from table A which equal table B, all records from table A and those that match table B, or all records from table B and those that match table A. - you have 3 choices.) You double-click on the joining line between the 2 tables in the relational schematic.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.