Allen Brown's - FindAsUType - combo box order

I've been using this module for a while now, It's great. I'm sure I read the answer to this question a few days ago but I'm unable to find it again.

I was wondering if anyone would know how to change the order of the combo box results. The combo box will pull the name of the label associated with textboxes on the form. Its name is cboFindAsUTypeField.

I can post the code if someone wants a closer look, I'm just wondering if anyone knows off the top of their head.

Thanks, Andy

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    its the sort of the query the box uses.

I thought that, But the form is based on a table. The first field in this table is company name. Then in the combo box postcode appears first.

I can try converting to a query and see if it makes a difference. It seems the combo box list of names is generated only based on form controls.

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    the combo should be based on a query. The form can stay as a table. But Queries are better.

Sorry I wasn't very clear. The Combo box has no record source at all. Allen Brown's - FindAsUType code generates this list. you just drop on the combo box and it does the rest.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    If I understand this utility correctly: the code builds a ValueList type RowSource for the combobox. User selects item that represents a field from the combobox and types parameter into textbox. Form is filtered accordingly with each keystroke in the textbox.

I built something similar to this. I set up a combobox with static ValueList type RowSource. The list represents fields but not the exact field names because they are not 'user friendly' (Allen pulls the caption from associated label). Then I have a second combobox where code sets the Table/Query type RowSource according to selected field. However, code does not filter with each keystroke in the second combobox. These two controls are part of a group of controls used to filter form with multiple criteria, more like Allan's search form example.

If you don't like the order of the fields listed in the combobox as dynamically built by the code, suggest you don't use that function and instead set the combobox with a static list.

If you want to retain the function to dynamically build RowSource and you want alphabetical order, would need more code using arrays or collections: https://www.thespreadsheetguru.com/t...vba-array-list
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

I'm sure I seen a few days ago someone doing this, can't see it again. I appreciate the replies anyway. People will have to select the filter they want!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.