gg80 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 Access 2007

Use of CurrentProject.Path in export code

I have written some code, learned from generous people on this site, to export data to specific cells in an existing excel workbook The problem I now face is that the user will have to insert the path to the excel file-I would like to just instruct them to store the xls file in the same place that they stored the mdb file. I did get a form with some code that allows the user to select the file and find the path, but it doesn't work consistently in a2007 and not what I need anyway. The code below works.

Set oWB = oXL.Workbooks.Open("C:\Users\GG\Documents\TestingM isc\FileName.xls")

I can't seem to find a way substitute CurrentProject.Path & "\" & FileName.xls for the actual path-I assume that I am not using quotes properly, but have given up on trying combinations. Can someone tell me how to do it?

I am using A2007 in W7 64 bit computer.

gg80 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 Access 2007
    I haven't gotten an answer on this, but since 30 people have looked at it, there seems to be some interest. After a lot of googling, I finally found a site with some code that used:
    Set oWB = oXL.Workbooks.Open(Application.CurrentProject.Path & "\FileName.xls")
    This works. Being a novice coder, I am not sure why "Application.etc" is necessary here. I have used other export code that created a new worksheet from a query and didn't use it.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.