MdHaziq is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Continuous form

Hello,
    Forum

I want to create a continuous form. I want the buttons to select that record. (ID) I tried WHERE=[Forms]![frmMasterSheet]![ID] Or [ID]
    but that didn't work for me for both my buttons.

I also would like have two front ends. One has full control of the items. Another just the logsheet form. How can I go about doing so?

TIA

Yours Sincerely,
    Haziq
    Attached Files Attached Files

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    open a single record form (from the continous one) by the button click event:

docmd.openform "frmDetail",,,"[id]=" & txtID

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    I also would like have two front ends. One has full control of the items. Another just the logsheet form. How can I go about doing so?
    The last thing you want to do is manage 2 fe's to do the same thing, IMHO. Whatever drives the choice between one function or another (maybe user credentials?) test for the condition on startup and show/allow or not, the other function(s).
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Ok, thx for the advice.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Sorry but I dont understand.
    So I have to change my form type to single form for my frmFolder.
    For my button the open VBA code I dont quite understand.
    I dont know VBA.

I don't understand either. Your question was about a continuous form but now you say it has to be a single form.
    Took a quick look and this would be difficult to sort since I have no idea what button is supposed to do what. Allowing a default name to be saved like Command57 says nothing about what it's for. Trying to figure this out would be like doing a forensic audit!

Basically, I see no common field (such as ID or whatever) that exists in the first form, and a way to use that common value on the second form because it doesn't exist on the second form. Then again, I'm not even sure I can follow the process. You have [Forms]![frmMasterSheet]![ID] as the macro criteria but that is not saying anything. A field on the 2nd form has to be filtered to be equal to something on the 1st form (or some other aggregate function such as >) and the field has to exist on both forms. Press F1 on the Open Form macro step and read the help file. In the WHERE condition paragraph, it shows how to do what you want.

Also, read this (or find one you like better) on how to name things. Weeks/months from now, you'll be trying to figure out what Command7 does or what Text5 is for.
    And don't use certain words.

Windows 10 Access 2016

Subform

Thanks for the informed reply.
    Sorry I did not label my steps properly and asking help from people will make it difficult for them to debug.
    My bad.
    I will start naming and documenting my steps for easy understanding by others and myself.

I did not link the tables as someone thought me not to link the tables,add relationships, because it will cause problems down the road.
    I do not know whether it is true or not.

I tried but failed. My intention is to create a subform to display the description of the item in that record. Same as btn_log. It will open up a subform for the users to log their withdraw/stock in.

I have a problem when I link the tables. In fact, I do not know what I am doing when linking the tables. I ticked the enforce referential integrity box as someone told me if I want the parent & child to be the same use enforce referential integrity.

Right now my subform is not linked to the masterform though the btn_desc.

how can I link my subform to my masterform through the btn on the left.

Windows 10 Access 2016

Show Only One Record

Hello,
    Forum

Sorry for the spam. Can someone help me w/ this program that I am working on.
    I want to show the frmDesc. Basically, I only need one record for my frmDesc for each MasterID.

Right now I cannot link my child to my master. As my tblDesc link is not responding to my link with ID of tblMaster.

Please help me.

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit
    It looks like your table design is not correct, therefore you will have constant problems. I suggest that you start again, learn table design, that is the foundation of your system and when it is not solid the database will never do what you want. At the moment you have a one-to-one link between tblDesc and tblMaster. That means that both tables are for the same purpose - there is no need to repeat everything on the second table, they can be merged on to one table.

Here are some good links https://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=65906 for you to read, post #7.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Thank you for your reply.
    Thank you all for helping me out.
    I will go back to basics. Designing Tbl structures and try to complete my project before Monday as I have to present by then.

Sorry I haven't been able to get back to your issue. Been busy. Company coming until Tuesday. I think fixing your table structure is the way to go. Post back if things don't work out. Good luck!

Windows 10 Access 2016

Thanks for being there for me

Quote Originally Posted by Micron View Post
    Sorry I haven't been able to get back to your issue. Been busy. Company coming until Tuesday. I think fixing your table structure is the way to go. Post back if things don't work out. Good luck!
    I will learn tbl structures & try to solve my problem. Thanks for being a helping hand. I greatly appreciate it.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.