Niko is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013 64bit

A better way of designing and presenting data on form

Hi guys, do you all have a better way on designing and presenting data on form?

This is the current design of my form which require user to keep clicking next to see the next detail.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails form.jpg  

davegri is online now Excess Access
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    This is the current design of my form which require user to keep clicking next to see the next detail.
    Maybe I don't understand, but what other action could a user possibly take? You gotta tell Access to do something somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by davegri View Post
    Maybe I don't understand, but what other action could a user possibly take? You gotta tell Access to do something somehow.
    In my current form, user will be able to calculate the weight for each data based on the content by clicking onto the four different button, user will be able to add the data into a new table by clicking ADD. Lastly, user will have to keep clicking next next next to select the data they want to add into the new table. Hence, I am asking if there is a better solution in designing this form so that user will not have to keep clicking next to select the data they want

I hope I have explain clearly

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit
    It all depends on your table structure. Usually with a form, there is one table denoted in the Record Source, there is a combobox select field which allows the user to display one particular record, there is an Add/New button which allows the user to add a new record. Access will handle all table updating with this scenario.

The orange and yellow squares I am going assume are command buttons. These will then calculate certain values and display them somewhere? These fields will never be stored on a table.

Quote Originally Posted by aytee111 View Post
    It all depends on your table structure. Usually with a form, there is one table denoted in the Record Source, there is a combobox select field which allows the user to display one particular record, there is an Add/New button which allows the user to add a new record. Access will handle all table updating with this scenario.

The orange and yellow squares I am going assume are command buttons. These will then calculate certain values and display them somewhere? These fields will never be stored on a table.
    Everything that is display in the form will be added into my table and that include the calculated field. How can i use combo box to display a particular record? I am using SQL to retrieve data from another table(1) into my form and the save date will be save into another table (2)

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit
    That doesn't sound like a normalized table structure. To find a record, the user will enter the key field, whatever that is. If it is the GLG PO, then make that a combobox, with a row source of all the PO numbers. Make sure it is an unbound field. The user will choose one from the list, then in the AfterUpdate event of that field:
    Me.Filter="PO field name=" & Me!combobox field name
    Me.FilterOn=True
    Me.Requery

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	16 
Size:	10.1 KB 
ID:	30705
    Quote Originally Posted by aytee111 View Post
    That doesn't sound like a normalized table structure. To find a record, the user will enter the key field, whatever that is. If it is the GLG PO, then make that a combobox, with a row source of all the PO numbers. Make sure it is an unbound field. The user will choose one from the list, then in the AfterUpdate event of that field:
    Me.Filter="PO field name=" & Me!combobox field name
    Me.FilterOn=True
    Me.Requery
    If i do it in this way, the PO number will appear alot of time in the combo box as One PO number contain different color and fabric

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    If i do it in this way, the PO number will appear alot of time in the combo box as One PO number contain different color and fabric
    Without knowing what the rest of the records look like, it's hard to say for sure, but this statement makes me wonder if you should have a main form/subform setup. If you have to click 3, 5 or whatever number of times to see each record for the same PO, then you should be using a subform with a datasheet or continuous form view.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Quote Originally Posted by Micron View Post
    Without knowing what the rest of the records look like, it's hard to say for sure, but this statement makes me wonder if you should have a main form/subform setup. If you have to click 3, 5 or whatever number of times to see each record for the same PO, then you should be using a subform with a datasheet or continuous form view.
    Hi, i have a subform below of main form

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    OK, I didn't see that part of the first image. At this point, I'm not sure what it is you need.
    How can i use combo box to display a particular record?
    If you're saying there are duplicates of PO number coming back because of different fabric, then either don't include other fields in the PO combo if that's what you're doing. If you are not but are still getting duplicates of PO, then try the DISTINCT predicate:
    SELECT DISTINCT tblPO.PO FROM tblPO... use your own table and field names of course.

that include the calculated field.
    That's just a bad idea.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.