ATTHECROSS is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016

Access Keeps Importing Date Values As A Mixture Of Date/Time Type and Short Text Type - Ugh!

Hello All -

Thank you all for the help in advance. I am going around in circles trying to figure out why access keeps importing my date values as a mixture of the proper date/time type and short text type. When Access chooses the short text type there is no understandable reason as to why it would do that. There are no alpha, spaces or special characters in the field. Also, when I go to change the data type in design view of the table, when I change that type from short text to date/time, Access proceeds to delete all of the values in the field because I get a conversion error. I have looked far and wide for an answer and can't find any info. If it helps the investigation... I have tried importing through the wizard and also through copy and pasting in the data to create a new table and both methods have resulted in the same problem.

Really appreciate the help!

Thanks

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Importing from Excel? Have read about this issue numerous times.

Bing: Access import Excel date format lost

If you want to provide source file for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

ATTHECROSS is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016
    Hello all. After much prayer the Lord Jesus blessed me and solved this problem for me that I originally posted about regarding the issue with importing dates into Access. The issue was formatting. I have to choose the date format type 3/14/2001 (MS Office 2010) when formatting the dates in my excel spreadsheet so that they won't cause any conversion errors/import errors when importing them into Access. Hope this helps someone else. Take care all.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ACCESS DATA FORMAT CD20171030.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	31024

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.