idanol.andrian is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

creating form with set values for repetative entries

i want to create a form that has these at the top:

Date : Status: Location:

list of jobs: date: location:
    and that if you enter value to those three on the top it will be the values that will reflect to the form of list job as the default value for the next job. i am entering 100 jobs a day and it has same values of what i will enter in date status and location textboxes. i hope you can help me create this datasheet form with vba code.thanks in advance

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    If every day, 100 jobs get entered, always with the same values for some fields, then why don't you just set the default values in the table for those fields?
    If that's not the case, explain the situation more clearly because it's not real clear as to what you're doing/need.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

idanol.andrian is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Values changes everytym like the date ,status ,and location.for example in a day i will type jobs with the same date,status,and location.for the next batch of entries date changes and the other values.every batches has different sets of values.all i want is that for that batch each and every record will contain the same values which i will set first before entring each record so that everytym i enter record it will automatically contain 3 sets of values base on what data i type.

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit
    Create those three as text fields, unbound. Then create the three fields bound to the table as visible=no. In the AfterUpdate event of each of the unbound fields, Me!tablefieldname=Me!unboundfieldname.

This will only keep until the form remains open. To keep them more permanently you could create a temp table to store them.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.