duddu is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2016

Weekly or monthly reports on Access

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by duddu; 09-24-2017 at 03:50 AM.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Can easily calculate Year and Month from date value. Use that calculated value to group and summarize data.

Pulling the week can be a bit more complicated if you require a week to be a full 7-day period because some 7-day periods cross months and years.

Format(datevalue,"ww") will pull week number for the calendar year but the first and last weeks will not always be 7 days.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

I have a formula to calculate ISO weeknumber (the week belongs to year, where it's Thursday belongs) in Excel, and I ported it also into TSQL as function returning week number in format yyyyww, but I can't access either currently.

Anyway, when you need summarize over weeks, the calculation will be too complex to use it directly in query (the query will be too slow). The better solution will be to add a tblCalendary table (CalDate, WeekNo), fill it with dates and week numbers p.e. fo 10 years, and use it in queries. And you can add an OnOpen event which adds rows to tblCalendary when max CalDate is less than some predefined number of days from today.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.