narpassword is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2010 64bit

Installing Utility Add In in Access 97 - Currently Receiving USysRegInfo Error

Okay, okay, so I know what you are thinking:

Why the heck are you running Access '97?

So here is the deal, I currently have a client who uses a number of Access 97 databases to run several important areas of their business. I was brought in to convert them over to Access 2010 (which I am nearly finished with).

The problem I have run into is that I need to install Access '97 on four Windows 10 machines so that my users can test my new databases and still work in their older ones. Through some very clever process engineering (and even more careful research) I have found a way to have stable, parallel installs of Access '97 and Access 2010 on these machines. The problem I am running into is with several required Add-Ins for Office '97 that I need in order for these databases to function as designed.

The problem child (as always) is that the database requires the use of the Utility Add-In for the use of SendKeys. I have removed this requirement in my converted databases as I am very aware that the use of this can cause a significant amount of grief. Unfortunately, I have to have it installed in my new installations of Access '97 in order to proceed with my project.

The specific issue I am having is when I try to add Utility.MDA as an Add-In through the Add-Ins manager I get an error that says "The add-in could not be added because it is missing a USysRegInfo table".

I did quite a bit of reading online and discovered a process (documented here: http://www.casadebender.com/referenc...ers/ba17_6.htm) for adding the USysRegInfo table to user created Add-Ins. However, I have been unable to translate the information to get the correct settings for the Utility.MDA add-in that comes installed with Advanced Wizards in Office '97.

Has anybody encountered this problem before? Is there any info/another thread on this forum that I may have missed when I initially looked? Any help with this would be GREATLY appreciated.

I recognize that this is extremely old software, not ideal and potentially problematic for me on my end, however it is simply a requirement at this point in order for me to help move my client into the modern Access age.

Thanks.

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.