reynier09 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Accessing controls from navigation form

I have a main navigation form which name is MainUtas, one of his tabs or navigation buttons is NavigationButton9
    which Caption is Quality and opens the QualityNav form (which I think becomes a subform). In QualityNav I have
    more navigation buttons, one is NavigationButton7 which caption is Training Records and opens the RecordsTraining form,
    where I have Text5 (a textbox). In RecordsTraining I have an unbound ComboBox (Combo2) from where Text5 control
    source is: =[Combo2][Column](3). I also have a button that opens a report, which source is a query based on the value
    of Text5. My issue is: when I had the RecordsTraining form by itself everything ran fine, but now I'm getting the enter the
    parameter pop-up when accessing it within the navigation form. I tried following the path on the builder but from the main
    navigation is not possible.I tried this also but didn't work: [Forms]![MainUtas]![QualityNav].[Form]![RecordsTraining].[Form]![Text5].

Any help will be appreciated it. Thanks

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    NavigationButton9 which Caption is Quality and opens the QualityNav form... In QualityNav I have more navigation buttons...
    You have a form on a navigation form, and the form contains another navigation form? Hope not - that would be masochistic.

I thought the syntax was Forms!NavigationForm!NavigationSubform.Form.YourCo ntrolName, but only works for the top level form. Only one form can be loaded into a nav form at one time, so if you're planning to pass values from one to another, you won't be able to do it directly. You'll need temporary variables. I'm with June7 - I can't create them, but probably wouldn't if i could (except to play around). Seems to me they add an unnecessary level of complexity for little gain.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.