mnjohn is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit

Arrow table relationship

hi everyone

i create 3 tables as shown in pictures.

now after creating relationship.. when i go to my main table that is ( Name table ) and click on + sign of any record it ask me to choose what subsheet you want to show result.
    so please tell me how to avoid such errors.
    thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	123.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	10.4 KB 
ID:	29462

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	125.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	29465

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I recommend you build forms and not work directly with tables and queries for data entry/edit.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

CJ_London is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    it is not an error, your names table has two related tables. A table can only have one subdatasheet - Access is asking which table you want to populate it with. If you want to fix it, go into the names table design, in the ribbon, click on properties, go to Subdatasheet name and select the table you want.

Appreciate you are probably still investigating however, agree with June. You would be much better off using a form with subforms. Users should never work with tables (or queries) directly. Subdatasheets are OK for development purposes, but remove them before your application goes live - once the db starts to fill with data it will have an impact on performance.

Incidentally your names and presents tables have fields with the same names - having the same name will confuse Access at some point. Recommend you prefix table names with 'tbl' or similar. Also, hyphens (or any non alpha numeric character) in field and table names are not a good idea. Again, they could confuse access down the line (it will try to deduct 'salary' from 'basic').

Another tip is to not name a field 'ID', use something more meaningful like NamesID, PresentsID etc. As you get into it, you will get confused around which ID is being referenced

mnjohn is offline Novice
    thanks both of you..
    i realize some mistakes....... but i want to see both subdatasheet records in their main relational fields that are in ( names tables ).

CJ_London is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    in that case you will need to use a mainform with two subforms. Mainform would have the recordsource of table names, each subform the recordsource of presents and basicsalary respectively. You have enforced referential integrity so the two subforms should each have their linkchild and linkmaster properties set. But if not for some reason, the subform for presnts will have a linkchild value of pnames and linkmaster of ID and for the basicsalary a linkchild value of namesid and linkmaster of ID

mnjohn is offline Novice
    great......... thanks...

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.