John_G is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Ribbon partially hides maximized form in form design view

Now what has Microsoft done?

I am using Office 2016 on Windows 10. Up until a few days ago, everything was working fine. Then an major hours-long update was applied, and it seems to have messed things up.

When working in Form Design view, I like to have the form maximized so I can see things more easily, and it used to work fine. Now, when I open a form in design view, the ribbon does not show as it used to (i.e. expanded), but the form tabs (3) do appear. I maximize the form, no problem. But now the issue: if I click the "Design" tab on the ribbon, the ribbon expands over the top of the maximized form, hiding the top part; it doesn't push it down the way it should. This makes the whole thing totally useless for using form design view with the form maximized, if I want to change headers or controls which are now hidden by the ribbon.

How do I fix this to make it work properly? Does Microsoft not bother to thoroughly test their updates before releasing them?

If I can't fix it, is it possible to revert back to the old version which works?

Thanks

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit
    MS usually make a Restore Point when updating. You should be able to roll back the last update for Office.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.