joecamel9166 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit

Make Access DB available to query from website

OK, not sure it this is the correct place for this question or if it is even possible.

I have a access db I built to keep track of our repairs.
    What I would like to do is find someway so our customers can create an account on our website and log in to check the status of the repairs and maybe even login and create an RMA which will pull up and create a new record with all of their information so when we receive their unit here, everything is already entered and the record is there with the repair number already assigned.

Is this possible? I currently have a wordpress website I am building and looking to integrate with.

Any help or ideas is greatly appreciated!!!

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    the access backend is a client based db (i.e. has to be on your LAN servers). You need a web based backend for your clients to be able to interrogate it. If you already have a website, you can no doubt add MySQL or SQL Server to your domain then add pages to the website for your customers to login etc. However I don't know if you will be able to connect your access front end to this database except via API's which probably means a major rewrite.

An alternative is to migrate the access backend to SQL Azure or perhaps sharepoint. It is very easy to modify your access front end to sql azure, perhaps with some changes to take advantage of things like stored procedures. But you will still need to write new web pages for your clients, and will probably need to use API's to connect to Azure from those new web pages - but at least you are not having a major rewrite on work already done.

joecamel9166 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit
    Thanks! I will be looking into this and Ill have to figure out how Azure works, but from what I was just able to find after a quick search, this doesnt seem like a huge deal.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.