basmitharizona is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit

Created Form with Subforms - Need Data Entry boxes to work

Hi everyone,
    I am new here and am looking for help on an issue. I have created a master form with 2 subforms. There are 845 records. When you navigate with the arrows at the bottom for the new record, it works beautifully. A new claim number is shown and the two subforms update nicely. The issue is that there are 3 data entry fields above the subforms that I want to be able to change these values between each record and have them save in a table. So, the end game here is that there will be 845 records in a table that show the answers to these 3 data entry questions. I think I am missing something easy, but I haven't worked with Access in several years. Thank you in advance for the help.

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Not sure that I get what you are trying to accomplish. You have a main form with three text boxes that you want to update? Set the record source of the main form to the table name, set the control source for each textbox to the field name on the table, and it will be saved automatically when you get off that record.

basmitharizona is offline Novice
    I tried this but the record source has "Select [Claim Totals].Claim_Num From..." (I believe this is the join function). When I change the record source to the table I want the data to get into, my 2 subforms no longer generate the data I need to see on the screen.

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Subforms have their own record source which has nothing to do with the record source on the main form. The only field(s) they have in common are the field(s) used in the Link Master/Link Child properties of the subform object. Maybe these fields aren't on the table? The record source can be a query but it must be very simple otherwise it won't allow updating.

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Maybe post your dB?

Make a copy of the dB, delete all but a few records, change any sensitive data, do a "Compact and Repair" (Database Tools menu), Zip it , then post it here.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.