tfbalogh is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Display a query parameter on a report

I have reports that contain a query that asks the user to supply a date. How do I show the date entered by the user on the resulting report?

Bulzie is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    I think you should be able to use that value from the query? So if you have in a column StartDate: [Enter Start Date] then in the report have a field with Control Source = StartDate? Usually I have the dates fields on a form so I can control what they put in there, then let them click a button to open the report and based the report query on those entered form dates.

tfbalogh is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulzie View Post
    I think you should be able to use that value from the query? So if you have in a column StartDate: [Enter Start Date] then in the report have a field with Control Source = StartDate? Usually I have the dates fields on a form so I can control what they put in there, then let them click a button to open the report and based the report query on those entered form dates.
    I was given a simpler solution that doesn't require the use of an input form. In the embedded query I added the condition to the field (column) that is to be searched; Between [Record_Start_Date] And [Record_End_Date].I then added the following code to the header portion of the report; ="Data for dates between " & Format([Record_Start_Date],"mmmm d"", ""yyyy") & " and " & Format([Record_End_Date],"mmmm d"", ""yyyy").

These two modifications did the trick.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.