nelobynature is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Trying to figure out how to duplicated template layout

I'm an Access newb and iv'e been trying to develop an investor database. I was looking at some of the templates offered by Access and I really like the "Contact Management Database" which seems to fit exactly what i'm going for.

This one here

Can anyone help me figure out how they achieved that layout with the data sheet below the header? All I need is a search function which filters the datasheet and a link on each row of the data sheet that when clicked, executes a pop up form with a more detailed description of the investor.

I've made several attempts such as the one below where i created a datasheet form based on my table and inserted it on a blank form but I get that annoying side bar that throws everything off which I have the arrow pointing to. Is there any way to get rid of that?

NTC is offline VIP
    that 'side bar' that you refer to is called the 'record selector' and is an option to show or not show in the form properties.

b.t.w. your subform has it (all forms do by default) and #5 is orange in the example above....it is just that your main form has such very big spacing that the record selector is not the intuitively obvious issue because there are no records to select....it is very routine for Access developers to have forms/screens that serve to only hold buttons to other forms and for which there are no records involved...and so we turn off the record selector option in the form property (also navigation buttons)...

nelobynature is offline Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by NTC View Post
    that 'side bar' that you refer to is called the 'record selector' and is an option to show or not show in the form properties.

b.t.w. your subform has it (all forms do by default) and #5 is orange in the example above....it is just that your main form has such very big spacing that the record selector is not the intuitively obvious issue because there are no records to select....it is very routine for Access developers to have forms/screens that serve to only hold buttons to other forms and for which there are no records involved...and so we turn off the record selector option in the form property (also navigation buttons)...
    Thanks, got it.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.