pitten247 is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Need help with a few access problems for work

I'm trying to develop an access database and work and have run into a few problems that I feel are simple to fix, I just cant figure out how. First, I inserted and OLE object (pdf) into a table. Is there a way that I can change the wording that shows up on the spreadsheet? It says something like "acrobat pdf image" I want to be able to type what I want there, maybe the file name of the file.

Another thing I was wondering is, is there a way that when I have a form, lets say has a 'parts number' section on it. I want to be able to just type a part number in there and have it search thru my table and bring up the rest of the information on that part. Is this possible?

Thanks

Hi Pitten

For your first problem: maybe you can try using a hyperlink or attachment field to add the pdf's (and other files) to your database.
    For your second question: you can use subforms, providing your table structure is correct. In this case there should be a one to many relationship between your main table and the parts table.

greetings
    NG

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.