Unbound combo changes form's recordset, but for topmost selection the OnCurrent event doesn't fire

Hi

The form in my Application (*.accdb, linked to SQL Server Database(s)) has MS Access View {Updatable one, something like [code]SELECT * FROM MyTable1 WHERE MyID IN (SELECT MyID FROM MyTable2 WHERE MyCode = 'xxx')[code/]} as Record Source.

On the form I have an unbound combo for navigation (Embedded Macro as AfterUpdate event. The form has OnCurrent event.

It's working OK except when I'm navigating to topmost record using combo - then OnCurrent event doesn't happen! When I navigate to topmost record using navigation buttons, the OnCurrrent event happens!

My 1st quess was, that somehow the combo was corrupted, so I created another one with same functionality - and with same result! I also did run Compact and Repair Database - without any effect.

Has someone any clue, what is wrong and why?

Thanks in advance!

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    OnCurrent is when you change records in the form.
    AfterUpdate is when you change the combo item.

what do you need OnCurrent for?

I have an unbound continuous subform as an alternative navigation tool (whatever the user prefers). Both form and subform have OnCurrent event, where MyID for both form and subform are checked, and when different, then forms are synchronized.

AfterUpdate happens only, when combo item is changed. I need to synchronize 2 forms whenever the active record is changed

P.S. My standard application design is lately:
    Form level 1. An unbound Main form with tab control and some invisible text boxes (Current Site, Current Language, Current SetUp Row etc.);
    Form level 2. A bound form (usually single form) on every page of Main form (main data for application, various registries, SetUp);
    Form level 3. (Optional) A tab control on 2. level form with subforms on pages (usually continuous forms). Mostly these are linked with parent form, but sometimes I have on leftmost page a continuous form for navigation.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.