Karaline is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit

Exclamation Error Message on Form when I go to save: You cannot Add or Change A record...

I have asked this in my previous question but not sure I was understood as no one opens attachments.

I am getting a message box when i click on save. My automatic save has stopped working after i input new calculation as outlined in my previous question concerning calculation not working.

due to automatic save not working i entered a macro to save and new. nothing different than all of my other forms save and new macros. but something went wrong in one of the fields where i pull my resource information from

it is saying YOU CANNOT ADD OR CHANGE A RECORD BECAUSE A RELATED RECORD IN REQUIRED IN tblRESOURCES

I have a combo box and pull the resource for company selected from tblmaterials not tblresources. not sure what is occurring but realisiing how stupid i am with access and think i am better off creating a database in excel instead.

Karaline is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit
    solved it, created a table for materials separate to resources which was for wet plant hire to try and reduce what was being pulled through on every request, but forgot that i needed to change field names and was calling materials resources. Duh yes i am too stupid for access. so much more to do

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.