ChobeyGuddu is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

2 Identical Table update with one form

HI
    I have access 2003 database - 1 form and 2 tables. (Main and Backup)
    both the tables are identical (same columns), and the database is split in backend and frontend.

Because of some reason, backend table "Main" from which FORM is built for dataentry frontend.. "Main table"gets deleted and all records blanks..(not sure what is triggering it)

So want the Identical table as a backup to append back the data which is deleted in Main table.
    but How can I have the backup table updated with the dataentry at the same time when form is updated which is built on table Main...

So basically, I want 2 tables to be updated by 1 Form (where form is based on 1 table).

Can anyone help..
    Cheers
    Guddu.

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit
    In the form's AfterUpdate event, run an UPDATE query on the second table, include all fields.

Windows XP Access 2003
    HI aytee111,
    Thanks for the response..

it has 30000 Rows, I don't want all 30000 get updated every time after event triggers..

IS it possible to have only that record updated which is updating and triggering after event

also its a multi-user environment

Do you know the reason for Split database table deleted while accessing form on front end?

Thanks
    Guddu

Bulzie is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    In the Update query, put a criteria on the MainID to point to that updated record so it only updates that 1 record.

[Forms]![frmMain]![MainID]))

And you need to address "Main table"gets deleted and all records blanks..(not sure what is triggering it)" asap, very dangerous issue you have.

Windows XP Access 2003
    HI bulzie, Thanks for this..

but,
    We have a database over Citrix on Company's virtual drive with limited admin permission for Access 2003 version...

it have 37000 records and 90 columns
    It's a Split database - backend and frontend.
    it's a multi-user database

We don't have any SQL or any kind or server to store backend, its basically normal jet 4 engine based database.

We don't even have command prompt on virtual drive so cant even debug/decompile the database via that route.

Issue is backend table "Main" gets deleted sometimes when accessed from frontend.
    I have audit trial function built but its not showing why its been deleted.

I don't have any other way to get to know what is triggering the table deletion in backend.

Can anyone help me with the solution or suggestion, I need to apply to my database ...
    Also, any known issue or bug -if you know - let me know how to fix it or get a workaround of it...

Any help will be appreciated..

Manythanks,
    Guddu...

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.