crimedog is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Error loading Form_Frm1 But I did not call for the form

On SOME but not ALL of our PC's we get an error loading Form_Frm1 Immediately when the DB opens - it then goes through a seies of prompts that eventually strips out all Macros and creates a Backup copy of an unusable(without macros) Db
    The kicker - The Initial form is not Frm1 and there is nothing referencing or calling Frm1
    As the DB opens - it should not be trying to open Frm1 (it is not even the first form by name - there is a Frm0)

Any idea why it could be causing it?

I have another similar DB that opens the exact same way as the problem child - but it does not error.

Bulzie is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Is Frm1 a subform to the main form that opens? Is it asking for a field on Frm1 when you get the prompts? Maybe in design mode of a form, go to code window and Compile and save. Then do a compact and repair and save.

No to Subform -I looked all over the opening form - can't find any reference to Frm1 or fields in it - Compiled compacted and saved -
    This is a front end Db that references tables in Back end DB

Even if Frm1 is crapping out - it should not be an immediate error

Bulzie is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    First create a copy of the FE database if you don't have one already. Try to remove the Opening form or use SHIFT key and double click on database, does the DB open in design or do you still get errors? If not errors try to open the form that opens first manually. If error, go to design and see if you have any events on the form Open or Load, is that form based off a query that references that frm1? I know you said you looked but just throwing stuff out there.

Anyone else have suggestions jump on in...

Yeah - I made a copy and removed the Frm1 and will try to open it. If it errors - I will do the Design look at the opening form - if it works I will have to look at frm1 again

I don't understand how - but I deleted the form frm1 and it opened I am going to redo the form from scratch and see if there was some broken link or something
    The worrying thing is that of the 60 people that use this - it is only happening on 3 people - some using 2010 - some using 2016.

Rebuilding form worked - apparently there was something I had in there that 2016 doesn't like - I guess the Moral to the story is - take the form that Access is causing the error, delete it and rebuild it. No data lost.

Thanks for the suggestions
    Last edited by crimedog; 02-07-2017 at 02:14 PM.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.