philpense is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Access Contingency Query

I write for guidance in a specific circumstance. For an upcoming event I intend to construct a database for the advanced registrants that will include some way to include actual attendance.

Additionally, I would want a 'count'feature to keep track of walk up guests to register at the event. There is a maximum occupancy regulation that would neccesitate a total tally with some kind of alert when capacity approaches. How can one do all of these things with Access 2007? Much thanks for guidance

Rawb is offline Expert
    Windows XP Access 2000
    Does the limit of 2700 include advance registrants? Or are you trying to encourage pre-registration by limiting just the walk-ins?

I'd just make single Table with registration information and two Forms: one for registration data entry and one for attendance.

In the Table, include a registration_date Date field (or a pre_register Yes/No field if you don't need the date itself) so you can filter it based on pre-registration. Also include an attend Yes/No field to check when they show up.

In the registration data entry Form, you can count the number of Records in your Table and show it to the person entering the registration info (a little field somewhere that displays "x/2700" where x is the number that have registered). You could even have some Conditional Formatting on it to make it bold and red once it hits 90% (or whatever).

In the attendance Form, it could just be a Data Sheet where they click the person's name to mark them as having attended.
    Last edited by Rawb; 06-29-2010 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Forgot attendance!

philpense is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Access Contingency

Yes, the total includes the registered as well because of the fire marshall's set limit. Not really looking for bells & whistles but could I:

- program an audio alert?
    - program an email generation?

Much thanks for your learned advice

Rawb is offline Expert
    Windows XP Access 2000
    Heh, I'm not sure about the audio alert since I've never tried it. I would imagine it's possible though.

The e-mail though, can certainly be done.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.