heather is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2010 64bit

Unhappy Append Query not Working for Specific User

Hello.

I administer an Access database that is creating some tables and appending others. And no errors are being generated, the data just doesn't completely appear in the destination table. Even then, it's really just one field that doesn't populate. Everything works fine for all users except one. The Append is failing and I cannot figure out why. The user and I are both using 64 bit machines. I'm on Windows 10, she's on Windows 7. But a third user runs the process just fine on Windows 7 (32-bit). I don't find any missing libraries. It's not appending to a server, just a local table. It's not the version of the database as I can run the exact same database version on my computer and it works. I've checked for updates to install, that didn't resolve the issue. She's an administrator on her PC. I've tried compact/repair with no resolution. I've tried recreating the query and the append destination table.

I'm running out of ideas. Anyone run into this before?

Thanks.
    heather

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    have you run the query manually, to see if it gives any messages at the append?

the confirm append message should show, then
    the error MAY show and say it cannot append due to XXXXX

Bulzie is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Few other tips:
    - Are you sure that field is not blank in those records you are appending from? Make it a Select query and see if those field values are there or blank.
    - Try to add a value in that field directly in the table for one of the records, does it take the value or give an error?
    - If she is running the program on network, copy to her PC and see if it works from there. And vice versa, if on her PC, have her run a version from Network folder. If she logs into your PC will the process work? If you log into her PC will it work? These might narrow down if it is the PC, program or maybe her credentials.

When hand triggering the event, I get an error message like this but only for that user. No one else. Beyond strange to me.

- Are the blank? Pretty sure Length of field is 0
    - I can hand enter into the field but it will not update to as it isn't an "updateable query." But it is.
    - Logging in as user onto my machine, the problem does not occur. I do get the message but the data is in the destination table. This is true if ran on the network. When I run it on the desktop as the user, no message and the data populates. Logging in as myself, running it on my desktop, no message and it runs correctly.

So, looks like it's PC related. I've already checked the Reference Library (none missing) and updates (none pending). The user is an administrator to her local machine. And since it worked fine for the user from my machine on the network, I cannot imagine it is credentials. Anything I'm missing?

Bulzie is offline VIP
    Error means the values it is trying to append does not fit. Look at one of the records that has an issue, what value is in that field? Is it not consistant with other values that are appending? What is it's datatype of the field that has the data and the field you are appending to?

date/time to date/time. And why would that be an issue for just 1 user at a specific workstation?

Bulzie is offline VIP
    Maybe uninstall and reinstall Access. Might have multiple Access versions on PC or files from older versions that might be causing issue.

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    One thing not mentioned that can cause date issues like this is Regional settings. Probably they are the same from pc to pc if that those options are set via policy then locked down. But perhaps as an admin, he/she has altered the date format for their profile (or is that a machine level option? I forget).
    As for the message, it is saying one field was set to Null but it seems the record was allowed to be written, so the table field must be set to allow Nulls. The missing date value might help you zero in. It could also be the way the date is being entered by the user, but I can't tell from your description of the logged in tests. You might need to check out that possibility as well as the regional settings before doing anything drastic like reinstalls.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.