Unrelated data on one form

After a brief search I only see ways of combining data using unions. But I don't want to combine data... I think?

I want to show different query results on a "dashboard" form. so it could show % completion for multiple projects for example.

Is this possible to set a control to have a unique data source?

One of the main issues I'm having is when I have an uneditable query as a record source the form goes completely blank. But I would like to apply that just to the image box on the form.

Hope this makes sense. If anyone has a term/phrase I should look up that would help a lot.

ranman256 is online now VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    You do combine unrelated tables in a union query.
    You can combine data in related tables via joins.
    controls can have a unique source.
    all this is standard stuff, so I'm not sure what you ask.
    a query can have a blank form.
    but I'm not sure how this affects an image on the form. Are you using images in the table? Tables?

Its not due to the image its because the query is read only. When using it as record source the form goes totally blank.

But yes the image will change depending on the results. Ive never used control with unique record so that's why I ask.

Ill have another go at using it just on the image source. See how far I get. From what I gather this is the route I should be going down.

just to add a bit more info. the images are in a table on their own.

I have a couple of querys that will work out the percentage completion on a project and then round it to the nearest 25% (this is just for testing at the moment)

Then I have some progress indication images that I wish to display depending on the percent.

Okay, so... I'm thinking that instead of doing this at query level.. I can include the parameters in the expression for the image. I'm terrible with expressions on access. But that's what ill be looking to do.

Does that sound like the right way to go about this?

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013 32bit
    Not sure if I get what you are looking for. A query does not have to be a union query to show data from multiple tables, you can join them in a select query and show the fields you are interested in. A blank form usually means that the query was blank, you can run the query outside of the form to see if it shows any data.

Some queries allow editing and some don't, depending on their structure. If you want the fields on your form to be editable then the query must be able to be edited. If it is purely a display form then you can make it anything you want.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.