Exclamation Structure/Relationship Question? Please Help...

Hellooooo, I am a college kid who was offered a job to recreate a companies MS Works Database to a MS Access 2007 database. I am decent with Office, but Access is not my strong suite. I have a modest understanding of Primary Keys and Foreign Keys. So I took the job and now am getting questions and database specs from all areas, so here we go...
    I tried to attach the basic structure of how they wanted the databased to be formed and what info they want in it, but it will not let me put the file up. They wanted 5 tables of info, but I'll give you three for an easy example: MEMBER TABLE: First Name, Last Name, Gender, Degree, DOB, Status, and a check box for Magazine (if they want to be sent a magazine), OFFIECE INFO TABLE: First Name, Last Name, Office Address, State, Zip, City, etc.., MAGAZINE TABLE: First Name, Last Name, Office Address, State, Zip, City. This was the beginning and I have changed many things and added tons of data, but this will give you a basic understanding. They do not have a specific ID# for there members, that is exclusive to each record, and want every table to be connected through the contact's name. I understand that this makes it difficult with no primary key.
    What I need is to have a form that can easily create new entries. If you take a look at the structure, I need one form that can fill all the fields in each table. I tried creating one in the wizard, but it said that was too many forms. Also, even with no primary key, is there a way that they do not have to enter the name in each table, and that entering it once in this form will automatically update all the other tables. Can I do this? Also Is there anyway I can set it up to where they check yes on the Magazine field in the Member Information table, and from that checked box data is filled out automatically in the Magazine table. Maybe help me with my structure.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Also, if there is someone who continually helps me, some form of compensation will be discussed. Thanks guys!!!!

Flekrad is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Just a thought ..
    Would it work for you to assign ID numbers for each person (just inside database -not to be used anywhere else) then link all of the tables , and produce forms and reports that they need with the names as they wish ???
    With the ID as the PrimaryKey the relationships and building forms etc , should be easier..

dsmacs is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2010 (version 14.0)
    You don't need a table for magazines, you are duplicating data. The fact you have a yes/no field for Magazine in your members table is enough information.

Not sure what Office Info table is for?

If you are willing to email me your current db i'll look at it and advise structure and do the entry forms as a starter.

email is d [dot] mcdonald [at] ozemail [dot] com [dot] au

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.