nashr1928 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2003

Record Numbers

I ould like to display record numbers in a text field on a form. I there a way to do this. I wish to also creat this on a repord. This is why I cant use the navigation arrows at the bottom of the form. I tried using =[current record] in the text field but it doesnt work.

Flekrad is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003
    In the design view of form if you click on the Field List button you should see the record number from the list your form was built on , can you drag this to your form (then place and size to suit).
    Hope this helps.

Windows XP Access 2003

record numbers again.

Im not seeing the record numbers in the field list. The attachment shows what I see. Just the list from the table.

Windows XP Access 2003
    Sorry (still very new to access , trying to learn and assist at the same time ) I was presuming there would be a field with the numbers you could display on screen.
    Found a page which may help (if its what you need )
    Number each detail record in a group or report
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access-help/number-each-detail-record-in-a-group-or-report-HP005187383.aspx
    Then there is anotherone here that displays a customised version of the record selectors with navigation buttons.
    I linked this one as it has the code to "display" the Record number so from the code you may be able to get the syntax/command to place on your form.
    http://www.databasedev.co.uk/navigat...ord-count.html

Windows XP Access 2003

report numbers

Thanks for the help I really appreciate it but I think maybe I havent explained what I exactly need very well. So I would like to try again if you have the time.
    I have a custom form that I keep track of my customers with. I enter new data for a new customer on a new record which is manouvered via the arrows left or right at the bottom of the form(record numbers). I created a report that is a summery of the report that gets its data from the report. I use that report to send to a customer for billing purposes. The report has the same arrows at the bottom but they are page numbers. The form has record numers at the bottom. When I look for a particular record on the form I see that record number. Lets say its number 85. I then gor to the report and look at page 85 but its not the correct data. So the record numbers and the page numbers are not always the same data. So I wanted to put a field on my report that shows the record numbers from the form and be active.

Windows XP Access 2003
    Sorry for not assisting..all i can seem to find is
    either
    using an unbound textbox in detail section set its controlsource to =[CurrentRecord]
    or
    In the report, create a unbound field, in the Detail area of the report. In the properties go to Other tab, type in RowCounter in the "Name". Flip back to the Data tab - in the "Control Source" put =+1 and in the "Running Sum" change to Over All. Preview the report - voila - numbered rows. Hope this does what you need.
    (copied from ) http://bytes.com/topic/access/answer...numbers-report

Windows XP Access 2003

Reports finally

Well thanks to your detail and not mine you got it. I had =[current record]
    You have =[CurrentRecord]. Yours works perfectly. Thankyou so much for your help.

Windows XP Access 2003
    Glad it worked

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.