How to Change Attachment Field to Button (or Other) on Data Entry Form in Access 2016?

So I have a data entry form for "New Employees" on Access 2016. I have a data field as an attachment for the picture of the employee. In the property sheet - I have three options to display the data field for the attachment. Display as: 1. Image/Icon 2. Icon or 3. Paper Clip. The first two options display a blank box (you can click on it for another dialog box to then click the attachment). Image/Icon and Icon options yes both functionally work both seem, inefficient and not quite there to present to an end user. The other option, the Paper Clip, is literally a paperclip image and a (0) which functionally works (even better than 1. 2. as it directly goes to the attachment dialog box) to get the attachment dialog box when you open it, but is visually unappealing.

I'd perfer a button that when you click on it, the attachment dialog box opens up and it saves it to the data field. I am open to other ideas. Please advise.

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    Dump the attachment method and save the image as an OLE field. BUT this method ,like attachments, can enlarge the db size quickly.

or
    save the PATH of the photo ,which is saved in a network folder. When you goto the record on the form, the form loads the image from the path. This keeps the db size small.

So I am looking up the OLE field thank you for that... a bit confused on it but will test it out.

Please remember this is a data entry form... your second option would just be to view it?

Thanks for you response either or..

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.