Form Page size not printing correctly - I have not used access for a while

Hello everyone, I am new here.

I have just started back to work volunteering after a 10 years away. I am very rusty with Microsoft Office as you can imagine. I have created a very simple database which holds a few text fields and images. I have created a form and it all looks like what I need for my very first little project. When I go to Print the form the layout is incorrect. I have tried making the length of the form the same as the (A4) paper length but It still add a bit each time.

I just wish to have a printout of what my form looks like.

Thanks for any help you can give me

Paul

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    forms are not really intended for printing so suggest make your form smaller so it is within the A4 size less the default margins. Also, consider using a report. It is generally easy to save a form as a report

1. open the form (can be design view)
    2. click on file>save object as
    3. give it a name and change 'form' to 'report' in the 'As' dropdown

Note form should not be in datasheet view

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    forms are not really intended for printing so suggest make your form smaller so it is within the A4 size less the default margins. Also, consider using a report. It is generally easy to save a form as a report

1. open the form (can be design view)
    2. click on file>save object as
    3. give it a name and change 'form' to 'report' in the 'As' dropdown

Note form should not be in datasheet view

I appreciate your help Ajax. I am completely a duck out of water with this at the moment as my experience with Access was 12 Years ago and it was not that great then. I am just trying to help the charity.

I have done as you have suggested and now my design view is smaller than a4 and I have created a report. Looking at the report on the screen it looks correct. Every other one has a grey background but they look lined up correctly. If I select the report and do a print preview, or print to a PDF, it isn't quite right. I have attached a screenshot to see if you can work out what is still wrong. The top label 'Shape Cutter Machine Patterns' it printing at the bottom of the page also and is riding up higher on every print sheet/database record.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot_33.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	26023

This is a Microsoft PDF

Name:	screenshot_35.png 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	26025

This is a print preview in Access. All the settings are A4. The form setting 'Property' is also set to 'default' so should use the system default of A4.

I have checked my printer setting (printing to PDF) and they are set to A4 which is correct. However I can not see any printer setting in Access itself and I am not sure if that is even relevant.

This is probably clutching at straws but in design view I can see something called 'Detail' which is about the size of the line tabbing issue. Probably a complete red hearing but I have still included a screenshot just in case ....

Name:	screenshot_36.png 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	26026

Thanks

Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screenshot_34.png  

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    I would forget about printing forms as such and concentrate on the report. In the report designer you have all sorts of options for setting out as required, add group headers, sorting, page setup etc. - click on group and sort then in the group/sort window click on the more option to see further choices

Regret I can't work out from your attachments what is wrong - it may be you don't have a header/footer section, perhaps you need to group in some way, maybe add a page break, perhaps you are using the report header/footer sections?

I have tried everything you suggested. Nothing worked until I got to a page break. It is looking much better now and is not tabbing. I still have the grey box however which I am not sure what is causing it. We are getting somewhere Ajax! Your doing a great job and i am very thankful

Name:	screenshot_40.png 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	26029

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    You could post your dB for analysis..

Do a "Compact and Repair", then Zip it before posting....

Thank you. I will when I get back home later.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.