ahightower is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Combine 2 Fields to make a hyperlink

I am trying to join to fields that are on my form to create a hyperlink (basically a location on our network) The first part is the file locations and the second is the actuall document name. I have joined my two fields and it appears as a hyperlink but when you click on it nothing happens. The link will work if just the first part of the field is displayed but not when I join them.

I have tried joining them several different ways, & and + and also wrote VBA

=[QuoteLink1] & [QUOTATIONLINK]
    =[QuoteLink1] + [QUOTATIONLINK]

Me.QuoteLinkAddress = Forms!QuoteLog!QuoteLink1 & Forms!QuoteLog!QUOTATIONLINK

Here is an example of my links
    \\Clr-databr\Sales\Quotations\2009\09-0001-01.doc

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    I know what's wrong but off the top of my head can't remember the fix. Hyperlink is a tricky field type where what is displayed is not what is stored. Look up the hyperlink method in both Access and VBA help and that will explain alot.

But also google around because this question comes up alot. Often when people have to move files around where the images are displayed - and that renders all the links invalid....so there is Q&A on how to do a mass change - - and this is the same technique you will need.

It would be could if you posted your fix as this comes up alot...

Rawb is offline Expert
    Windows XP Access 2000
    I don't have a lot of experience with Hyperlinks in Access, but try Me!QuoteLinkAddress.Address = Forms!QuoteLog!QuoteLink1 & Forms!QuoteLog!QUOTATIONLINK

This assumes that QuoteLinkAddress is a field in the current Form and that QuoteLink1 and QUOTATIONLINK are both fields in the Form QuoteLog (and that the Form is currently open).

If all three fields are in the same Form, replace the above with Me!QuoteLinkAddress.Address = Me!QuoteLink1 & Me!QUOTATIONLINK

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.