TrudyD1474 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Unhappy Finding Records that are not there!

So here goes:
    1. We are a tractor dealership. When the Salesmen contact a farm, we want to document that visit. We would like a report that tells the Salemen which farms they haven't visited in the last 60 days.
    2. I have a database that has three types of records: Farm, Contact, Activity
    3. I also have Farm_Contact for the many-to-many and Contact_Activity for the many-to-many
    4. All this works great.
    5. I created a 60_Day_Query that uses ALL the above mentioned records that creates an activity record with information from Farm, Contact and Activity (Farm_Activity). This query selects only those records that match on the Salesman and have a date not older that 60 days. This query works fine.
    6. I created a query using the no matching record Wizard using Farm_Activity and the 60_Day_Query. This provided me with the Farm records that have had no activity in the past 60 days.
    7. Now here is the problem. I want to show activity proir to the last 60 days, for those Farms_with_no_activity. So I duplicated the 60_Day_Query but eliminated the date check.
    8. So then I created a query using the Farms_with_no_activity and the 60_Day_Query_No_Date. I joined them using Farm_Id where with the rule: Use all Farms_with_no_Activity and only the matching 60_Day_Query_NO_Date records. Here is the problem: I get the information from the Farms_with_no_activity, but do not get the information from the 60_Day_Query_No_Date. I have records in both queries that match, so I should have all the information.
    So has anyone else had to find records with no match within a specific date timeframe?
    Does anyone have any idea how to sovle my problem at item no. 8?
    Trudy

TrudyD1474 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Red face Got something to work

I recreated the 60_Day_Query_No_Date without using Farm. I was able to pick up the Farm_Id from the Farm_Contact many-to-many record. then I paired it with Farms_With_no_Activity and got the results I was looking for.

The lesson is: If you are using two queries that are created using the same source for IDs then I guess Access gets confused.

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 7 Access 2007
    That's great Trudy. Are you ready to follow the link in my sig and mark this thread as Solved?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.