gjpcrest is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Create a printable report of certain records

Greetings,

I would appreciate detailed instructions on how can I create a printable report of various records that are in an Access 2007 database based on the ID mumber (primary key mumbering) instead of all the records that I usually have as a printout. To be more specific, I'm in the need to display a list of the certain records out of 82 entered so far, ie records 75 through 81. How can I go about it? Do I need an extra form that should correlate with the report? And if so, how can I set it as a popup window whenever I click to display the report and enter the first and last of printable/displayed records?
    Thank you in advance for your help on the matter
    George

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    Make a query that pulls only the records you want. Be it a range or IDs, etc.
    This is done via a form. Enter the ranges, or the iD's.
    select * from table where ID between forms!frmRpt!txtStart and forms!frmRpts!txtEnd.

the report will use this query.

Dear ranman,
    Thank you for your reply. I'll try to enter the criteria in a query form and set a new report and I inform you of the results. Thanks again for your time in answering.

Dear ranman,
    I have followed your instructions (think I did it right though) and have created a query table where I entered as a Field the “MemberID”, the Table was set to “Members”, a checkmark in “Show” and at the Critieria the “[forms]![frmRpt]![MemberIDStart] And [forms]![frmRpt]![MemberIDEnd]” was typed in. Then, I chose to open a new report via the Report Wizard and choose from the Table/Queries the query that was just created, where the only option was of course the “MemberID” field. I opt this to the Selected Fields and after selecting Finish the popup “Enter Parameter Value” window came up where I entered the value 10 as a starting record and then the value 15 as the ending value of the records that I wanted to be displayed. The Report appeared with nothing on but the name of the Report and a small shaded box with the word “ Member ID” written in it, and at the bottom of the page the todays’ date and page # were displayed. Am I doing something wrong in the parameter entered in the Criteria field or did I choose a wrong key? Shouldn’t display the contents of the records 10 through 15? Or at least display something in number series?

Please help me figure out what has gone wrong.
    Thank you

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.