Paul H is offline Expert
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

SQL Server Data won't show up in subform

We just migrated some tables from an local Access database to a SQL Server back end. The tables have the exact same structure and data as the original. The form is a continuous form that reads the data in this table (the other one is a look up table) stored by patient number and admit date. Using the Access table the form works as designed, looking up codes and descriptions in lkDiagnosisCode_ICD10 and storing them in tblDiagnosis_ICD10. When I switch tblDiagnosis_ICD10 to the copy on the SQL Server, the form vanishes. I get a blank white square where the subform is supposed to be. The combo boxes that do the lookups are able to read SQL Server version of lkDiagnosisCode_ICD10 identically to the Access table. Only the SQL Server version of tblDiagnosis_ICD10 causes this problem. I've opened both these tables in table view and I can read and edit the data in both versions. As far as I can tell they are identical. My thoughts were that this would be a seamless transition. What am I missing?

Paul H is offline Expert
    Here's a critical piece I left out. I copies my form and switched back and forth between the two tables, SQL Server and Access versions. When I open the form using the SQL version I get this error.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ODBC Cannot Lock all records.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	14.6 KB 
ID:	25345
    I do not know enough about SQL Server to diagnose this. Can you give me something I can take to our DBA?

Missinglinq is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Richmond (Virginia, not North Yorkshire!)
    Does the Table have a Primary Key...and is it part of the RecordSource for the Form? If these two things aren't true, using SQL Server Tables can frequently be problematic.

Linq ;0)>
    The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Paul H is offline Expert
    The answer was No and Yes. I suspected the Primary Key issue and fixed it, not an easy thing to do as I had limited permissions on SQL Server. After some jiggering, my form seems to be functioning now.

Missinglinq is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Richmond (Virginia, not North Yorkshire!)
    Glad to hear it!

Linq ;0)>
    The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.