koper is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2000

Invalid Argument Error

My database has been running for about 10 years and now whenever I run a specific form I get an error "Invalid Argument." (Error 3001). When I try to run the underlying query, I get the same error, but all of my other queries appear to work fine. It happens to all of the several FrontEnds that I use to access the BackEnd. If I delete all criteria from the query, it will run. If I delete a few criteria, I get the error, the data appears and then within a few seconds, all the fields turn to "Name?." Any clue as to what I should do? Thanks!

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    the fact that it affects all FEs would seem to indicate it is not a corruption. What has happened recently to cause this is obviously unclear - since you don't hint at any changes.

certainly do a compact/repair of both FE/BE though I doubt it will change anything.

your description is vague when you say "run a specific form" - which has no real meaning....you mention that several queries are being run but it would seem somehow somewhere there is some logic that no longer is valid - - who knows it is possible that 10 years past the developer didn't imagine your reaching a certain level - perhaps a date range or something and there is some code in there that is maxed out....very hard to say via a forum I am afraid.....

koper is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2000

Invalid Argument Error

I have compared my queries where I get the Invalid Argument error and I found one record where every field says "Error#." I think if I can delete this record it will solve my problem. Unfortunately, if I highlight the field it will not let me delete it. I have attempted a repair and compact to no avail. Any suggestions?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.