JohnBoy is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2003

Cant update fields when using a query

I have a query that runs a main audit form, all of the fields except for the calculated ones are in the main table, amongst these are a set of error code fields, these error code fields are used during the audit process by combo boxes in the audit form and their data is provided using a select statement in the combo box properties. all of this works fine, however in the table that the select query(s) refer to for its values is a corresponding field that has a number in it. to use these corresponding fields to produce a score I add in a column in the query for each error code field and then a column to calculated the score after the user selects the various error codes allowed, to get the valuse I bolt on the ref table that contains the number field(s), so we start with a score of 15 and each time an error is selected the score can drop by the number in the corresponding number field. so my issue/problem is this, when I strapthese tables onto the main table in the query I cannot edit any fields in the main form, if I remove them I can edit the fields I need to but get no calculated scores etc, I have checked all of the properties etc and all are set to allow updates.. Im stumped, JB

kimmer is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 Access 2010 (version 14.0)
    Can you paste the SQL here?

Windows XP Access 2003
    Hi do you mean the sql for the whole query or just the bit that feeds the combo box..??

kimmer is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 Access 2010 (version 14.0)
    I guess the whole query. I am not following the paragraph above. Can you edit the values in the query without using a form?

Windows XP Access 2003
    Hi sorry for the late reply, ok I have got this sorted it was all to do with a one to many link etc, this renders the whole thing un-updateable, many thanks for the interest though..

JB

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.