KellyR is offline Novice
    Windows 7 Access 2007

Input data from one list box to another list box

Hi,
    I have a database that I'm working on for keeping track of temporary employee's which will keep track of (2) time values - Start Time and Stop Time along with the user information being retrieved from a Comb Box based on a query. I also have, on the form, (2) list boxes "Clock-in" & "Clock-out" which will be used by multiple users to track their time.

There are (2) buttons on the form for the "Clock-in" & "Clock-out" and when the clock-in is selected, it places the user information and time in the first list box. I have it working now where when one user clicks his information and it goes to the first list box, which works fine. Then when the user is ready to clock out, he selects the information in the "Incomplete" list box, it then populates the information back to the form field - for the user to clock-out. After the "Clock-out" button is selected, it then places this information into the second list box "Complete" with the total hours worked for that instance.

However, the problems I'm having are these;

If multiple users have "clocked-in" it will place the information into the "Incomplete" list box. When the second user or later, clicks into the list box, which I'll call "Incomplete", the "first initial" user information shows up in the form fields instead of the new or current user. It also adds the clock times to the "Completed" list box to the first user that clocked in.

To sumarize what I need to happen is this;

Each clock-in/clock-out needs to be unique and when clicked from the "Incomplete" List box, populate the current information being clicked from the list box.

The Employee form ( frmEmp ) is based off of the FacilitatorID, since I have may facilitators using this, and the form being used is only (1) form, so each facilitator has control of his own employees. The employee form is accessed from frmMain.

I'm very familiar with MS Access ( All Versions ) and a littl Vb, but I'm not a programmer, so if anything looks poorly written, that would be why, and I'll take any help I can get.

I have an attached copy of the db, and I'm hoping to get steered in the right direction, since I'm stuck and have been for a week. Please guide me in the right direction for this. Thank you,
    Last edited by KellyR; 06-04-2010 at 04:12 PM.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.