Mike Y is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Duplicate email addresses in a report

I have set up a report from the customer table and when I look at the report it shows the email address twice repeated. For example mike.yates@talktalk.netmike.yates@talktalk.net. I need to get rid of the second address.

JoeM is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    Go into the Field (TextBox) on your Report that is returning this field, open its Properties, and check to see what its Control Source is.
    What is it set to?

Mike Y is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Thanks for the reply. The control is set to email address and on the table is set to hyperlink. Here is a sample of what is being returned on the report. danthony55@talktalk.net#mailto:danth...talktalk .net#

JoeM is offline VIP
    So, it sounds like it is just pulling what you have in the field.
    Perhaps you need a separate field in your table, one for the email address, in simple text format, and one for your hyperlink.

Mike Y is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Have changed the field to small text as suggested but still get the same results on the report. Any other suggestions?

JoeM is offline VIP
    That makes no sense.
    Can you post an example, of exactly what you see in the Table field?
    Are there any special characters (i.e. some carriage returns) or anything in your data?
    You may want to create a query where you return a field, and then a calculated field that returns the length of that field, to confirm that the length seems to match what it looks like the length is (and there isn't other stuff there).

You can also upload a sample database for analysis (just be sure to remove any sensitive data first).
    I cannot download it from my current location, but can from home (or someone else may take a look at it in the meantime).

Mike Y is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    This is the SQL from the union f three queries. Will this help in finding the problem? If not I will how do you dowmload a file please? SELECT Volunteers.VolunteerID, Volunteers.ANVSection, Volunteers.Title, Volunteers.LastName, Volunteers.FirstName, Volunteers.HomeTelephone, Volunteers.MobileTelephone, Volunteers.emailAddress, Volunteers.HouseName, Volunteers.Address, Volunteers.Area, Volunteers.Town, Volunteers.County, Volunteers.PostCode, [Volunteers].[FirstName] & " " & [LastName] AS ShortName, [Volunteers].[LastName] & " , " & [FirstName] AS FullName, (+[HouseName]+",") & " " & (+[Address]+", ") & (+[Area]+", ") AS ShortAddr, (+[HouseName]+",") & " " & (+[Address]+", ") & (+[Area]+", ") & (+[Town] & ", ") & [County] & ", " & [Postcode] AS Addr, Volunteers.PositionStatus
    FROM Volunteers
    WHERE (((Volunteers.ANVSection)="Administration") AND ((Volunteers.PositionStatus)="member"))
    UNION
    SELECT Volunteers.VolunteerID, Volunteers.ANVSection1, Volunteers.Title, Volunteers.LastName, Volunteers.FirstName, Volunteers.HomeTelephone, Volunteers.MobileTelephone, Volunteers.emailAddress, Volunteers.HouseName, Volunteers.Address, Volunteers.Area, Volunteers.Town, Volunteers.County, Volunteers.PostCode, [Volunteers].[FirstName] & " " & [LastName] AS ShortName, [Volunteers].[LastName] & " , " & [FirstName] AS FullName, (+[HouseName]+",") & " " & (+[Address]+", ") & (+[Area]+", ") AS ShortAddr, (+[HouseName]+",") & " " & (+[Address]+", ") & (+[Area]+", ") & (+[Town] & ", ") & [County] & ", " & [Postcode] AS Addr, Volunteers.PositionStatus
    FROM Volunteers
    WHERE (((Volunteers.ANVSection1)="Administration") AND ((Volunteers.PositionStatus)="member"))
    UNION SELECT Volunteers.VolunteerID, Volunteers.ANVSection2, Volunteers.Title, Volunteers.LastName, Volunteers.FirstName, Volunteers.HomeTelephone, Volunteers.MobileTelephone, Volunteers.emailAddress, Volunteers.HouseName, Volunteers.Address, Volunteers.Area, Volunteers.Town, Volunteers.County, Volunteers.PostCode, [Volunteers].[FirstName] & " " & [LastName] AS ShortName, [Volunteers].[LastName] & " , " & [FirstName] AS FullName, (+[HouseName]+",") & " " & (+[Address]+", ") & (+[Area]+", ") AS ShortAddr, (+[HouseName]+",") & " " & (+[Address]+", ") & (+[Area]+", ") & (+[Town] & ", ") & [County] & ", " & [Postcode] AS Addr, Volunteers.PositionStatus
    FROM Volunteers
    WHERE (((Volunteers.ANVSection2)="Administration") AND ((Volunteers.PositionStatus)="member"));

JoeM is offline VIP
    If not I will how do you dowmload a file please?
    If you click the "Go Advanced" button under the small Reply window at the bottom of the page, it will bring up an Advanced Reply box. Under the Additional Options section, there is a button for "Manage Attachments", that you can use to upload your file.

I won't be able to download it here from my current location, but will be able to take a look at it tonight when I am home.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.