Kerri.Johnstone is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016

Talking Is there a Way to Make Forms Look More Appealing through the Forms Wizard? Access 2016 (Noob here)

Hi Guys

I have started using Access 2016 after using Access many, many moons ago and so much has changed. I'm struggling to even remember the original version I used, it might have been like 2010.

At any rate, I've come back to Access 2016 and I like to use the Forms Wizard for simplicity sake, however, when I used to use the older version of Access you could select a variety of really nice form backgrounds, and I can't seem to do that for Access 2016 anymore. Any assistance on how to do this, if you can at all, would be greatly appreciated..

Thank you in advance,

Kerri J

davegri is offline Excess Access
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Kerri, I vaguely remembers being able to set backgrounds way back when in Access forms like webpage backgrounds. That feature has been taken out, AFAIK.
    However the database below will greatly help you color your form elements in a consistent fashion. Scroll down to the 1dot1 version. If you like it, private message me for the 1dot3 version.

https://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=58464

DaveGri

shadowsedge is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Open the form.
    Switch to design view (if not already in it)
    Under the "Form Design tools" tab (in the ribbon) you will see "Design" tab, make sure that is highlighted. (might have "Arrange" or "Format" highlighted)
    On the right you will see "Property sheet" in the ribbon. Make sure that is highlighted. (might have "Add existing fields" highlighted)
    On the right side you will see the Property sheet. In there, click on the "format" tab.
    In the list, find "Picutre" and you can put in your own background.

This is how I got to it, I am sure there are specifications for types of pictures and dimensions you have to use but I do not know them. Maybe someone else can help?
    Also, use a color wheel to mix the font color with your background so that it is easier to read, if you don't already know. Some great web pages on this if you search it.

edit: I found http://www.functionx.com/access/Lesson11.htm

I know this is not part of the wizard but maybe it's what you need?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.