apple263 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Help with Single Quotes in Macro to create Hyperlinks in Datasheet

Hello,

I use Office 365's Access 2016 on Windows 10. (I had to

I have been following a tutorial about how to open a form to a specific record using hyperlinks https://goo.gl/qkFUJF (Access 2013 10 - Opening A Form To A Specific Record).

In the video (see hyperlink), the narrator explains how to open a form to a specific record from hyperlinks added to a datasheet. He creates a macro by going to Event>On Click (or Event>Mouse Down, if the hyperlink is in a combo box). He creates a WHERE statement connecting the two number fields called ID like this: WHERE =: ="[ID]= "&[ID]. I understand that but then he refers to a concept around 4:30 in the video where he says you can connect two text fields called Type using single quotation marks. How would you use single quotation marks in the WHERE statement to hyperlink a text field?

I looked at another video https://goo.gl/kHkFFD[/HTML (MS Access - Hyperlinking To A Form) where he tackles the subject of hyperlinking again. He hyperlinks a text field called FilmName in the form frmRoomSortedAscDS, but really the underlying connection in the WHERE statement is still between the two number fields called ID.

I've attached both working files so you can see what he did.

As I mentioned, I want to know what single quotes mean in the macro world, and how they can be used in both of these working files to create a hyperlink to open a form a specific record, for texts fields--first, the Type field in the first video and, second, the FilmName field in the form, FilmsDS, in the second video.

I appreciate any help. And could you please provide the answer using the narrators way and not another way that is different than what is explained in the video? I would appreciate it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Windows 10 Access 2016
    I think I have found the answer and it is fixed in Excel. (see topic: Is it possible to turn off automatic .xlk back up file? http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/o...3-72f54084d6d1 - post by Gord Dibben)

He says, "In Excel 2007 . . . . . . Button (he means the Office Button in the upper left corner of Excel with the Windows flag on it) >SaveAs>Workbook>Tools>General Option. Uncheck "always create backup""

What I did is save my Excel workbook by going to File (I'm in Excel 2016)>Save As>select Browse where I want to save the file>select Tools at the bottom of the Save As dialog box>General Options>and uncheck "always create backup". I stopped having a Backup workbook created everytime I worked in and saved my Excel file.

Hope this helps someone.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    I'm sorry. I have this post confused with another post somewhere else. Please ignore my reply.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.