Extreme Newbie: Navigation Forms, Sub Forms, Adding Button/Field Object

Hi All,

I want to first thank everyone who contributes to these forums. I learned a lot from the other forums that I am a part of. At this time, I am very, very new to MS Access 2010, and need help just starting off.

I'm very adept at MS Excel, but the form design in Access is totally different. Here's my immediate goal.

Goal: Put a button on the region of a navigation form, on that tab.
    What I've Done (My Own Due Diligence): Searched YouTube, google, and MSDN. I've found many videos access and it's forms, but not any on the nuances of manipulating the Form Layout Tools, and none showed what I'm dealing with now.
    My Issues:
    1. The button will only be placed within the area outside of the selected tab region. So, when I change tabs, the button is always on the top.

2. When I try to drag a button into the tab's region, it is either placed underneath the tab's region or not at all.
    3. I don't know how to manipulate the different functions within the Form Layout Tools Ribbon.

If someone can point me to a good video, link or provide some basic steps; that would be greatly appreciated. The grid system and fixed regions is really screwing me up.

Cheers,
    Bob

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    Drag the tab 'box' down slightly. Add the button above 'outside' the tab box.

Hi ranman256,

M apologies, I'm not sure if I was concise enough in my post; or if I am not understanding your instructions.

I'm trying to embed a button within the tabbed userform sheet. If I add a button above and 'outside' of the tab box, the button stays as I navigate from tab to tab.

Thanks,
    BrainExplodingFromCoffee

Update: I'm not sure if this type of functionality exists within MS Access 2010 Form Design tools. If not, should I just create the buttons in the common space that is used by all the tabs, and use tabbing event triggers/or others to make the buttons appear and disappear?

Also, when I add buttons and fields to a normal (non-navigation form), the area that I overlay the objects on the "Details" Section of the userform. But, in a navigation form, each page/tab does not have a "Details" section. It just has the NavigationSubform object. I hope this provides more context into the problem, and my level of understanding.

Thanks again for the help.

Thanks,
    BrainExplodingFromCoffee

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.