quinn53 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013

New to access and have some programming questions

Hey all!

I've recently been thrust into the world of Access, and what an exciting one it appears to be. I bought a how to guide of sorts, but am still having a little difficulty rummaging through all the different things i can do on here. if someone could help me i would be forever grateful.

What im trying to do sounds sooo easy in my brain, i just cant compute it into access. The end all for me is to have a database that basically has a table with a large amount of data in, a search function that would find all data rows with the same ID Number (Think of an inventory with the same item at multiple locations). when it searches for and finds that data, i have a bar code associated with each different location of the same item, but different "Lots" we will call them. I want to scan the Bar codes of each lot and have them marked as packaged, and the date and time of the scan.

Again, it seems so simple in my mind, yet every time i start plugging in macros and queries and tables and forms, i get my lines crossed, and my brain just shuts down.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide me with!
    Quinn

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Welcome to the forum

Since you are "new" to Access, I would suggest start by working through the tutorials here:
    http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/forum46.html

There are also youtube videos that are good. I thought I had them bookmarked.......
    I will find the links - or maybe orange will post them (again )

Edit:
    posted by orange in previous posts:
    Since you are new to Access, I recommend you watch the youtube series on Database by Dr. Daniel Soper.
    It is an 8 part series, but I suggest you watch 1,2 and 4 to begin. The first video starts here.

Edit#2:
    Also see this thread - Post #7
    https://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=56958

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.