wickedjc is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013

Smile Clear form

I have database that I am taking over and need some help. On the Form there is a list of supplies that only shows up when the correct combo-box option has been chosen and that works just as it should however I cannot not seem to make that list go away afterwards. The clear form is taking all the combo boxes back to null but the lists remain, I need both the textboxes and labels to disappear on clear form function. As I said I am taking this over from someone and trying to figure out what has been done and so forth. Thanks ahead of time for any help!

vicsaccess is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    not sure if you have figure this out. personally i do something similar with an entry form. if the clear form is happening as a afterupdate event just add a new line of code such as
    listboxname.visible=false
    labelname.visible=false

just make sure that to turn it on when you need it as a afterupdate event of the combobox
    listboxname.visible=true
    labelname.visible=true

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    You want all or most of the labels and controls to become invisible after a user action occurs? How many are involved? If only a few, the example given will work fine (and if a label is attached to a control, the visibility of both are connected). If there are more than say, a dozen, a loop is neater code-wise. You also have the option to make these objects locked, which doesn't change their appearance, or disabled, which does. You cannot make a control invisible if it has the focus, so your code will have to ensure focus is on a control that will remain visible.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.