Error404 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013

"Not a valid name, make sure name does not include invalid" etc, linked tables, spontaneous problem

Specific error message: " 'NAME' is not a valid name. Make sure that it does not include invalid characters or punctuation and it is not too long "

In short, my db was working flawlessly. This db is split, it has a fe and be, I tested the tables and added new records without any issue. Recently, a co-worker did a client intake and added a new record to the ClientInformation table, did not touch the table structure, did it through a form. I added a new table to the be and attempted to add a new Linked table to the fe that was created in the be (all unrelated to the table with the error). When I went to sync the tables, this happened:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	access 3 i.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	135.0 KB 
ID:	23417

This has happenned before, I fixed it by completely formatting the table, removing ALL spaces, all special chars etc. I got it working where there was no errors. This happened with seemingly no reasoning behind it. I am usually able to tell where an error could be created, but this stumped me. The only thing that changed was someone made a new record, but did not alter the table structure in any way. Also, the table and the contents still update just fine, and I don't have the issue anymore that I brought up here: https://www.accessforums.net/forms/h...not-57467.html (hopefully this does not change, I will update you if it does)

I am beginning to think it is a straight up bug. Considering it worked without any alterations, then randomly started spitting out this message, but doesn't actually break the table or data entry. Any ideas?

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    If Compact & Repair does not fix, maybe try a new name for the table in the BE, maybe just ClientInfo. Delete the link and re-establish.

I know a pain because will have to do lots of edits in db for the name change. Maybe reduce the pain somewhat by first renaming the link to ClientInfo so maybe this change will cascade out to queries - although probably won't change in expressions that reference the field. Then rename table in BE and delete and re-establish link.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Error404 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013
    The problem went away spontaneously when I move the database out of a local folder and into a new location. I think it is a bug, fortunately it does not affect functionality.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.