mbrown is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Running Access Macro from Scheduled Task with option run whether user is logged in or not

Hi

I am trying to run a macro via windows scheduled task within MS Access 2010. It works when the task is set to run only when logged in but not when using the option 'run whether user is logged in or not'.

Program/script: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\MSACCESS.EXE"

Arguments: "E:\access\access.mdb" /X AutoRun /excl

The database extracts data into various text files and places them on the drive.

When it does work as mentioned above, the msaccess.exe windows process runs for about 10 minutes and then the process terminates on completion. The text(s) file modified date changes and this proves the files have been updated.

However when I am trying to do it as mentioned above, the MS Access process remains after 10 minutes and doesn't produce new data within the text files.

I have confirmed that the task is running, but never ends. I have waited for 30 minutes.

Any advice would be much appreciate

Thanks

Matthew

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013
    So I am not a systems programmer. But as an Access programmer I look at your path(s) and I don't see a name for a custom built application file - I only see generic Office/Access naming...

Sort of like manually going to programs and starting Access (or Word or Excel)- - but never actually opening an Access (or Word or Excel) file to run.....

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.