tlkng1 is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Form/Form Button to Display Sub-Form That is a .pdf or Word Form Related to a Name Field

Some perspective

I am trying to create a database that maintains and tracks user accounts for a computer system; tracking stats/forms are required for ongoing annual audits.

I have a set of forms the users fill out in order to request an account and these forms are required to be present for the audits. What I want to be able to do, via a form, is to have a button placed that will allow the admin/auditor to click on the button and pull up the user account information form as a sub-form.

The forms are filled out as fillable .pdf forms but as far as I can see, these can't be imported into Access. I can convert the .pdf back to Word without a loss of format but am not sure how to place/program the button and/or link the user record to a specific form that only shows when the user info form button is clicked.

I've attached a general idea of what I am looking for.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

RAshA.pro777 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Ok , here what I understand, if we press the button, the popup subform will appear , and when we finished we can dawn load a copy of form in pdf format if this is what u mean i can help u

tlkng1 is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    Correct. Right now there is no audit requirement for the form to actually be downloaded but I personally think that added feature would be nice.

RAshA.pro777 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Ok, know in user form u must create a button named as user form account, in this button we will write in vba code procedures:
    Sup private user_account_form on click()
    Docmd.openform " account _form"
    End sub
    Then we create blank form in form design and add the data source and texts or combobox as u wont then on this form create anew button to export this form in to pdf
    In this button we will create macro on click event and write export with formats then in extension field we will choose the pdf formate, then save then close , finally from the form properties we will make the form popup just by allowing the popup options choose yes to popup in other tap then run the form view to check changes

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.