_Chris_ is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Anyone here do merging from Word and Access to Outlook please?

Am trying to merge a query of, for the moment, about 100 records from Access 2007, into Word 2007, then to email results via Outlook 2007 within the body, not as an attachment, but nothing is being sent? I've even put myself in the recipient list to make doubly sure, but absolutely nothing. I've been doing this method successfully twice a year with the various versions of the same programmes since 2001 and can't for the life of me, find where it's going wrong. The last time I did it with no problems was about 6 months ago, and not sure if there's been any settings changed since then? Any help much appreciated.

Chris.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    Can you explain the process you are using now? I understand you are using Word. However, do you use VBA to open and create a connection string to Word? Do you open Word and connect to Access? I am curious about those sorts of things.

One option might be to email using HTML as the body and have VBA dynamically update elements in the HTML. However, not everyone likes to look at HTML formatted emails.

Windows XP Access 2003
    There's no vba involved, just composing the body of the email in Word, linking that document to an Access database query, then clicking on 'send to email'.

Windows 8 Access 2013
    I am not familiar with Word. IIRC, it asks you what email list you want to use. Are you selecting the correct account? You can look in Outlook to see the various account names associated with your Outlook.

Perhaps you can explain the steps you take, along with a brief explanation of what you see as you navigate through Mail Merge.

Windows XP Access 2003
    As mentioned, in Word, you connect the document with the query in Access, then send it to Outlook. This is going to make more sense to someone who actually uses the merging system in this way.

Windows 8 Access 2013
    Well, it is not that complicated. I just spent 2 minutes going through the Wizard. As I guessed, it asked me to choose an account name that I wanted to associate with the mail merge. Each account indicated the account name and the quantity of contacts associated with each account. It also asked me if I wanted to edit the list of recipients when I selected one of the accounts.

You are using a different version of Office than I am. So what you see is likely to be different. I was asking questions because I am having a hard time understanding where, exactly, you are having trouble.

Windows XP Access 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    Well, it is not that complicated. I just spent 2 minutes going through the Wizard. As I guessed, it asked me to choose an account name that I wanted to associate with the mail merge. Each account indicated the account name and the quantity of contacts associated with each account. It also asked me if I wanted to edit the list of recipients when I selected one of the accounts.

You are using a different version of Office than I am. So what you see is likely to be different. I was asking questions because I am having a hard time understanding where, exactly, you are having trouble.
    My thoughts exactly, the process itself isn't complicated at all, although you have guessed wrong, there's no 'account' to link it to. Don't worry, I'll research this further and see what I can find.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.