ClayInHou is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013

Question Format Page Header Text Box during Project Footer

I have a report that displays hours worked by staff by week by project for multiple projects. The detail section displays the hour count, the Week footer adds all values for a sub total. The Project footer has a summary sub report that displays each week’s total and gives a grand total for that project. This would be the project total for the reporting period.

I use the page header to display the project name and the week dates, beginning and end dates. The Report Footer can suppress the entire page header which I have done for the overall group of projects making up this effort.

The Project Footer happens after a page break. I would like to either conditionally format the Page Header date Text Box to be white during the Project footer so the dates are not displayed, or make the text box invisible during the Project Footer. This is a cosmetic issue because the sub report displays the week ending dates in summary.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1stPostImage.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	140.1 KB 
ID:	23218

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Are you aware that each section of a report has both an OnFormat Event and an OnPrint Event?

Yes. I have tried to use these events to set a variable to true or false for conditional formatting of the text box. However the switching of the True to False and back at just the right time has been a challenge. I have successfully turned off the text box at the page past the level break but then it is off for the rest of the report. I read somewhere the OnFormat Event happens before the OnPrint Event. I have placed the True/False switch in the Page Header, the Group Header, and the Group Footer for the Project number. I just haven't found the correct combination of these events and sections to achieve the result.

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    I'm not sure I follow you. True/False Switch? A Report will make two complete passes to print; one to Format and get some values (like total pages) and one to actually print.

I shall look into the OnFormat Event. I used a TempVar as Boolean to set the conditional format of the text box to white when True. I set the variable to True or False in the Events I mentioned.

I may be overthinking this.

Thank you for your help. I'll focus on the OnFormat Event.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.