Bomberboy67 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Multi table Date query to a Between dates frm

I'm New to access and just started to learn SQL and on top of that I have noVBA skills at all. So please make any help you can offer with my issue as simple as possible. I made a DB for the clinic I work in that treats soldiers with traumatic brain injuries. The clinic is privately funded and recently we where asked to come up with some form of reporting specific data to justify our funding, so I cant say enough how important any help I can get is to the soldiers we treat and to the clinic.

In my database I have TblNeuro, TblPT, TblOT, TblSLP, TblPeak, TblSleepgym, TblNpsy, TblSW, Each table represents one of the different disciplines that are in the clinic. Each table has a (date field) and a (spec date) field to track how many soldiers that are seen by each profession. The date field is a Date/time field and so is the spec field. The Date field is a list that needs to count all of the dates that are added to the (dates Field) from the beginning of the month to the end. The same function needs to be carried out for the (spec date) function. The field names are NeuroSpecDate, NeuroMasterdate, PTSpecDate, PTMaterdate and so on. The goal is to be able to query and count all dates onto one form group by a field in TbleNeuro call (TBIStatus). (TBIStatus field) has the following options that represent a soldiersTBI severity Mild, Moderate, Severe, Penitrating, Acquired, Not TBI Related. Each date field from the different tables needs to have the count of not only how many appointments a provider has seen in a month, but also the count of the different types of appointment is was (Mild, Moderate, Severe, Penetrating, Acquired). the Spec Dates also need to be counted by type and from start to end of the month. To top if off the form the query is made from needs to open with a between dates option so reports can be pulled by a date.

I'm stumped by my lack of experience with querying. I have been using a Totals query to count how many records are in a table but the issues is that I cant add more then one Totals queries together to make a new query or I get a message that stating I cant join the queries because theirs no relation between the queries. I also tried to query each Date and spec date into one Totals query. It ran but The fields no longer displayed as a number but instead as a column list. So if there where 4 mild's in a month then the column would show Mild, Mild, Mild, Mild, and not the number 4. I don't know if all this makes any sense to you the reader but I hope I was clear enough to make my point. I'll take any help I can get and any advice on maybe a different direction to go if the way I'm going now is just totally the wrong way. Thx all.

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    I'm not sure I understand.
    In my database I have TblNeuro, TblPT, TblOT, TblSLP, TblPeak, TblSleepgym, TblNpsy, TblSW, Each table represents one of the different disciplines that are in the clinic.
    Are the fields in all the table structures the same?

What are the relationships between the tables?

Maybe you could post the dB with a few junk records as examples?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.